Dec 7, 2015
The Adventure of Mindsets: Part 1
Becky and Diana
begin a 4 part series on the book Mindset, by Carol Dweck. In this
episode they introduce Growth vs Fixed mindsets.
- Imagine a bad day… how do you
react? Do you feel like a failure? Do you blame someone for your
bad day? Or, do you move through it, assuming the next day will be
- Fixed Mindset believes things
are the way they are. They are static and out of your
- Growth Mindset believes things
can change. They are dynamic and in your control.
- Mindsets are learned, so they
can be changed.
- Growth Mindset understands
that there is no growth without risk.
- Expectations always influence
the journey to an outcome. They can be premeditated resentments. If
you have an expectation of an outcome, and that outcome doesn’t
happen, do you resent it? Are you angry about it?
- Your mindset isn’t always
fixed or always growth – there are plenty of gray
identify your mindset by looking at the difference
between your gut reaction to a situation and the next action