Feb 15, 2017
Becky and Diana discuss the value of asking for
help and giving help.
- When you take on a role
sometimes it’s hard to let it go even when you don’t like it. It
can be the same way with asking for help.
- Micro managing happens when
someone needs to take on all the roles in a project.
- It’s hard to share and ask for
help when you don’t have a model.
- Helping and sharing tasks is a
core attribute of animals, including people. It’s a key to
- People may want to help but
don’t know how.
- Figure out a way to let them
- Feeling safe in a relationship
is a key to asking for help.
- Asking for help shows respect
for the person you are asking.
- Asking someone for help gives
them the opportunity to meaningfully engage with you.
- When you need help, it’s not
always easy to see the bridge that can connect you with the
- It’s great if you can identify
what you want before you ask for help.