Feb 19, 2021
How do you make plans when no one knows?
- We recorded this in May. It’s interesting/sad how the things we
talked about still apply in February.
- Diana says she has had a hard time lately because she had
planned on a lot of travel and connecting during this time in her
life. She has been forced to reimagine her life and has received a
lot of pushback from her own bad self, causing a massive internal
- Becky discusses how incredibly difficult it is to plan anything
- The realization for all of us that this new way of living isn’t
temporary is discussed. Becky and Diana talk about the uncertainty
of the future makes everything harder. And the talk about why it’s
necessary to trust our guts.
- Becky speaks on the idea of creating a container around a
decision that determines when you’ll revisit it.
- Here’s how it works: make the best decision you can with the
information you have at hand, and then come back to it in a fixed
number of weeks. In between the time you make the decision and the
time you’ve set to revisit it, you avoid second guessing it and
worrying about it.
- When you create the container, it helps you avoid decision
- Going with the flow requires constant reassessment.
- Diana contemplates getting a dog.
- The hardships around wearing masks is discussed as well as the
real reason we wear them: to protect those around us.
- Becky describes her COVID safe back hug! Definitely try this at
© 2021 Uniquely Brilliant | Music © 2015 Max Brodie