Jan 25, 2018
Becky and Diana discuss how our
experiences give us a chance to grow as we move forward each
- We get to choose what
experiences we bring forward with us.
- We don’t have to resolve
everything from our past. We can simply let go of some
- To determine if something is
holding us back we can ask, “Is this serving who I am
- Experiences only become negative
when they impede our forward progress.
- Sometimes the biggest jerks are
carrying the biggest loads and don’t know they can put it
- Can we give ourselves the same
kind of relentless grace we give others?
- Feeling out of balance is a sign
that we need to examine what we’re carrying around from our
- Blame and shame are default ways
of thinking that make our experiences heavier than they need to
- We’re fighting our own nature
and instincts when we let go of things. Our brains evolved to look
for danger by responding to negative input. Meditating helps us
fight against that instinct.
- If we keep moving forward, much
of the junk we carry with us will fall away on its own.