Jan 15, 2018
Diana Bader and Becky Berry talk about the pros and cons of
letting things stick to us – including our ideas about life and
death. It’s also an episode about letting go of the things that
hold you back.
- It’s good to examine the things that we hold on to tightly.
Perhaps there are some we hold on to too tightly.
- Velcro is cool because it can be repositioned and reused – just
like our experiences.
- We can find ourselves attached to other people’s expectations
which can lead to our becoming detached from our true selves.
- We can tell we’re inappropriately attached to something when
hanging on to it causes undue stress and hardship.
- Pretending we’re moving is a great way to get rid of things
we’re no longer attached to without actually having to move!
- Sometimes we become so attached to ideas that we forget to
re-assess them as our lives progress.
- When an attachment to an idea or outcome has us in its grasp,
they become self-limiting.
- It’s important to get our attachments aligned with where we are
in our lives right now.
- Re-examining our attachment to ideas, things, places, and
people can lead us to new insights.
- We don’t have to destroy attachments that hold us back. Many
times we just need to attach to them in a different way.