Jan 5, 2018
Diana and Becky discuss the importance of keeping our pasts in
perspective. The title of our episode comes from William
Shakespeare’s The Tempest.
We all were sea-swallow’d, though
some cast again,
And by that destiny to perform an act
Whereof what’s past is prologue, what to come
In yours and my discharge.
The Tempest, act II, scene i,
lines 248–54. Antonio is speaking.
- We can’t move forward while hanging on to the past.
- “Before you grab onto the future, make sure you let go of the
past.” – a Hallmark Christmas movie that Diana watched.
- The past is how we got here, how we deal with it is how we go
- We can structure our future by structuring what comes before it
– our plans.
- Our past sets up our future.
- The past isn’t the beginning or the end; it’s the middle.