Aug 14, 2017
Becky and Diana discuss the importance of
acknowledging and owning our wins.
- Somewhere in the growing-up
process we are taught that boasting and being proud of ourselves is
the same thing. It’s not!
- It’s critical to both recognize
a compliment and give it value.
- If we don’t own our wins we stay
stuck where we are, particularly at work.
- The negative conversations in
our heads block out the compliments.
- Creating Win Jars gives us a
place to capture our wins so we can revisit them when we need
- Also, creating a fan mail file
containing all the emails, notes, compliments we’ve received gives
us another place to reacquaint ourselves with our wins.
- When we receive compliments,
they are the truth. The negative voices in our heads that create
self-doubt are the lies.
- We must create a habit of
positive response to compliments, so that we internalize our
- When we are aware of our wins,
we will experience more of them!