Aug 7, 2017
Becky and Diana continue to explore David
Allen’s book, Getting Things Done, this time focusing on
planning a project.
- Project - An outcome that
requires more than one step.
- 90% of the work we do each day
should be the next step of a project.
- We tend to react to our day
instead of planning it out.
- Establishing a purpose for a
project drives it and keeps it going.
- “People love to win. If you’re
not totally clear about the purpose of what you’re doing, you have
no game to win.” – David Allen
- In order for a multi-person
project to work, everyone needs to agree on the vision (the
- A strong vision gives us an idea
of what our completed project will look like.
- Brainstorming allows us to
generate many ideas to work from.
- When we capture our
brainstorming, we have even more ideas.
- Organize only to the detail that
you need to.
- Plans are not always
- Reviewing the plan is a key
piece of planning.