Jul 27, 2017
Becky Berry and Diana Bader
discuss the concept of Essentialism.
- Our modern concept of
Essentialism is based on the book, Essentialism, by Greg
- We tend to believe we have to do
it all; that it’s wrong to delegate or even drop tasks.
- We can ask ourselves is, “Am I
the best choice to do what needs to be done in this
- When other people are actually
the priority (like kids, partners (at home or at work), or
employees), it’s crucial to get their input about what makes them
feel like they are a priority.
- When we know our priorities, it
becomes easier to delegate or let go of things that don’t honor
- We do our best when we focus on
what we do best.
- Just because we can do more
doesn't mean we should.
- Being busy does not equal being
- We can filter opportunities
through the Essentialism lens and choose the best ones for
- When our priorities are
respected we feel valued.