Mar 18, 2017
Becky and Diana discuss Gretchen Rubin’s
4 Tendencies and how understanding them helps you develop
is something you do without thinking about it.
- Most systems for developing
habits tell you to employ either an “all or nothing” or
- When working with others it is
helpful to respect their tendencies.
- The 4 Tendencies focus on how
you meet inner and outer expectations.
- Upholder - Meets both inner and
outer expectations. Motto: “Discipline is my freedom.”
- Questioner - Questions both
inner and outer expectations, but makes decisions based on their
inner expectations. Motto: “Convince me why, and I’ll
- Obligers - Meets outer
expectations and resists inner ones. Motto: “You can count on me
and I am counting on you to count on me.”
- Rebel - Resists both inner and
outer expectations. Motto: “You can’t make me and neither can