Sep 26, 2016
Becky and Diana discuss “The
Resistance” and its forms and functions.
- Resistance = the things that try
to stop you from forward progress.
- Fighting through resistance
requires you to move past your comfort zone.
- There are two types of
resistance, internal and external.
- Internal resistance includes all
of that inner dialogue, including the “shoulds” that we’ve been
told and advice from “experts.”
- The Resistance makes you
stronger, because every time you push through it you recommit to
- External resistance comes from
the bumps in the road of life.
- External resistance becomes a
bigger problem when we attach expectations to our
- Resistance can be an opportunity
to stop, reassess, and go after our goal from a different
- Upper Limit problems may require
picking apart the resistance, piece by piece when you realize going
around it or through it isn’t working.
- Identify the resistance and you
can identify a strategy to deal with it.