May 16, 2016
Becky and Diana help you navigate the nuances of
small talk so you can make better connections with
- Being able to communicate with a
group cements you as part of that group.
- Although small talk can be
tedious, getting too deep too quickly in a conversation can also be
- When approaching a group listen
for an opportunity to connect or comment about what they’re talking
- Listening with non-verbal
acknowledgement is a great way to validate someone.
- Eye contact is
- Gestures like touching your nose
occasionally or using your hands, draws a person’s attention to
- Ask questions to connect with
- In a social situation start with
people and groups where success is most likely.
- The goal is to be comfortable in
- Don’t be afraid of silence, it
often makes room for profound comments.
Stamp of Brilliance x2!
people where they are in a conversation. No judging.
talk opens a door for you to make a connection with a person or