Feb 22, 2016
Episode 17: The Adventure
of The Missing Piece
Becky and Diana discuss the
importance of being able to describe what you want people to know
about you and strategies for how to do it.
- The Missing Piece is about the
things you do differently that can set you apart from others
because they just don’t understand.
- You may need to make a conscious
decision to share how they work best with their
- People can’t read your mind, so
they don’t know if you’re being rude or not unless you tell
- Who do you want to be at
work or in social settings?
- Practice your life story with
someone you trust so they can help you tell it better.
- It is your responsibility to
help people understand how you work, so you can be most
- People don’t know what you need
to succeed unless you tell them.
- Assessments are a great tool to
help you understand yourself better.
- Assessments can give you the
language to more accurately describe yourself to
- Let the people you work with (or
go to school with) know you want to participate and be part of the
- Say YES to opportunities, and
ask to be involved.
- Be brave.
Choosing to be your best self can be a challenge, so can explaining
yourself. But the rewards you’ll receive from doing it is worth
Have the courage to let people
know what you can do.